Please read BEFORE using a benefit estimator!
NPERS provides benefit estimators for use as an
educational tool to help you plan for retirement and provide estimated financial information.
The benefit estimators calculate monthly pension amounts for School, Judges and State Patrol
plan members. State and County plan members who are considering purchasing an
annuity can use the estimator to determine monthly benefits under each of the
annuity options. For a complete listing of your options at retirement please
refer to your member handbook (available in
the Publications section).
Estimates created by these benefit estimators are not official estimates, and they are provided for purposes of illustration and discussion only. Actual benefit amounts will only be provided upon receipt of a valid application for retirement. The results provided by a benefit estimator should be considered approximations of any benefit or value, and do not reflect the actual amount you will receive when you retire.
Tax calculations are provided for purposes of illustration and discussion only. NPERS does not provide tax advice, and the calculations provided herein may not be relied upon to determine the tax liability of the user or any other person. By using this calculator, the user explicitly acknowledges that he/she has read this disclaimer and agrees to hold NPERS harmless against any claim resulting from such use. In all cases, users should consult the Internal Revenue Service, their state's revenue agency, or a tax professional, as appropriate, for information on tax consequences, questions, or matters.
When using a Benefit Estimator:
- None of the estimates can take into consideration any future changes to the tax codes, or determine actual future tax liability.
- The Benefit Estimator does not reflect actual or projected changes in the Consumer Price Index.
- Federal law may limit benefits to some highly compensated members.
School, Judges and Patrol Estimators
The School, Judges and Patrol estimators require you to enter information
regarding your salary and service, then calculate an estimated benefit based on the
information you provide. You may input estimated future account balances,
retirement dates, or service credit in order to "guesstimate" what your benefit
might be when you reach retirement. Estimated benefits are not captured
or saved with the estimator.
NOTE: School plan members who have ceased employment prior to 6/30/1996 should contact our office for a benefit estimate.
If you are a member of the School, Judges, or Patrol retirement plans (DB Plans), your benefit is based on:
- Your salary for your three highest 12 month periods. (Average Compensation)
- Your total years of service credit.
- Your age and your beneficiary(s) age on the date your benefits begin. (Effective Date)
- The annuity (pension) option selected.
- The laws in effect at the time you cease or ceased employment. This determines the formula factor
to be used in your benefit calculation.
State and County Estimators
The State and County estimators require you to enter information
regarding your age, retirement date and account balance, then calculate an estimated monthly annuity amount based
on the information you provide. You may input estimated future account balances or retirement dates. Estimated benefits are
not captured or saved with the estimator.
The rates displayed by the estimator are the current annuity rates. These rates are subject to review and may change. Rates are "locked in" once the member purchases an annuity. For more information on the annuity options, please refer to your plan handbook.
If you are a member of the State or County retirement plans (DC Plans), your annuity is based on:
- The total dollars in your retirement account and how much of it you decide to use when purchasing the annuity.
- The annuity rate in effect at the time you purchase the annuity.
- The annuity option selected.
- Your age and your beneficiary(s) age on the date benefits are to begin.
- The laws in effect at the time you cease or ceased employment.