Local (402) 471-2053
Toll Free (800) 245-5712
NPERS implemented its Member Services department in June 2000 to assist plan members with telephone inquiries and to provide personal visits at the Retirement Office. The Member Services' staff consists of five retirement specialists, each trained in all of the plans administered by NPERS. Member Services provides many important one-on-one personal services to members, which allows other agency staff to process member's written request and applications in a more timely and efficient manner.
When you call NPERS, you are greeted by an automated attendant system. Please listen carefully to your options as they change from time to time.
Common questions that may be answered over the telephone include:
- Basic information and facts about your plan
- Status reports on inquiries or applications you have submitted to NPERS
- Questions concerning correspondence you have received from NPERS
- Assistance in using the Ameritas website (for State and County members)
Common requests for information which cannot be completed over the telephone are:
- Inquiries about Beneficiary Designation - These inquiries may not be completed over the telephone. The most expedient way to ensure your beneficiaries (for all plans) are listed as you want them, is to allow our staff to send you a new form. The completed form, when returned to NPERS, will supersede any previous beneficiary designations. For State and County members, you may view your beneficiaries on your account statement.